This is an EXTREMELY cost effective, FAST to set up, extremely versatile, secure and reliable way to get your own server up for all your hosting needs, you need it quick and with a reliable web based control panel so you can manage it quick & easy going forward.
1) Order cloud hosting. The initial $1 charge is credited to your account after billing.
2) Log in to BalboaTech.com and click the My Cloud link. Then the Compute button and add an instance.
3) Click the "Launch Instance" button for Ubuntu linux, preferably as that is the OS we're best able to support.
4) Give it a name, select the "Type", which is basically how big a server you want.
5) NOTE! When you click the launch button the instance will be created with a random root password that will show up on the following screen. It will refresh quickly with the password encrypted!! Select it and COPY it quickly, paste it somewhere for safe-keeping.
6) Once it has completed setup, you'll be able to click the "Console" link. Be sure to click on the grey bar at the top for your keystrokes to register on the console.
7) Log in as root with the generated password. Use wget to download the Virtualmin installer script. Use the command: wget http://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/scripts/install.sh
8) Run the install script & answer is few simple questions using the command: sh install.sh
9) Log in to Virtualmin to complete setup via web browser using the IP address of your server on port 10000 with a (secure) URL similar to: https://188.8.131.52:10000/
10) Answer the questions asked to the best of your ability. You can always go back and make changes later. You're all set. You can now point your site(s) to the server and start having fun!
Once all of that is done you can easily add sites, email accounts... You can re-size your server should more resources be required later.
- 7 Users Found This Useful